Network of Multidisciplinary Centers in Raman Hasharon
Migvanim is a non-profit organization responsible for the informal education in Ramat Hasharon. Migvanim was established in 1984 by the Jewish Agency for Israel; acts as "the long professional arm" of the municipality of Ramat Hasharon; and is supervised by the IACC (Israel Association of Community Centers).
Migvanim manages seven community centers dispersed throughout the city of Ramat Hasharon. Each center has a local board, which is composed entirely of the residents from the local community. The chairperson of each local board is a member of Migvanim`s 17-member Board of Directors. While all 7 centers cater to all ages with a variety of programming from cultural activities to lectures to daycare, some of the centers are also specialize in particular disciplines such as art, dance, martial arts, etc,
In addition, Migvanim implements the following projects:
• Gvanim- center for Jewish-Israeli culture and life- Migvanim implements activities in the area of Jewish-Israeli Identity throughout the Jewish calendar, Jewish education and communal activities (community Bet Midrash, film festival, community Havdala, etc.). In addition, Gvanim center develop educational programs and seminars to informal educators. Emphasis is on pluralism and thus, Migvanim works in cooperation with various organizations in the community in dealing and engaged in Jewish and Israeli culture and Jewish peoplehood, community such as Hochmat HaLev (an Israeli/Jewish secular community), the Reform community of Darchei Noam, Bnei Akiva, the Department for Jewish Renewal at IACC, etc..
• Volunteer Center- Migvanim is responsible for the recruitment and placement of 2,000 volunteers throughout Ramat Hasharon. The Volunteer Center matches participants with various projects; provides guidance and training for the volunteers; and conducts a roundtable forum for discussions between the heads of the volunteer organizations.
• Special Needs Populations- Migvanim in cooperation with the Department for Special Needs Populations in the IACC organizes a wide range of activities for special needs populations throughout the community centers.
• The YULA Program- After School program in the kindergartens throughout the city of Ramat Hasharon.
• Summer Camps- The network operates summer day camps throughout the Sukkot, Hanukkah, Pesach and summer vacations.
• Youth Activities- the network is responsible for extracurricular youth activity including leadership groups, youth missions, young rock group and community activities of various types.